I did this balsamic mushrooms recipe for Thanksgiving, and it was a success! It is sour, sweet, and the thyme’s freshness makes it pretty well balanced. They go great with basically everything; as a side for any dish, on top of toasts, combined with raw vegetable salad or on top of your favorite protein. Want to try it? Here’s how to do it!
Balsamic maple mushrooms
Yield: 4 portions
- 1 package of organic mushrooms (white or cremini) in slices
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 tbsp coconut aminos
- Black pepper
- Sea salt
- Fresh thyme
- Sauté the mushroom in the ghee for 2-3 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- Mix the maple syrup with the balsamic and the coconut aminos.
- Add the liquid to the mushrooms and let them cook for about 10 minutes at low-medium temperature.
- Once ready, add fresh thyme on top.
With love, Pia
Other Side Dish Recipes
Juicy Grilled Vegetables with Parsley Pesto