You are missing something special if you haven’t cook your rice with bone broth! So please do yourself a favor and go and cook it this way. For the real friend, besides the rice’s flavor, we are talking about a vast nutritional difference between cooking rice in water and cooking it with bone broth. Bone broth will add high-quality proteins to your rice (hello collagen), fantastic flavor, and minerals.
Rice can be part of an animal-based diet, even if it is a grain, because it’s probably the lowest toxic grain out there. If you follow an animal-based diet and want to include a little rice here and there and tolerate it well, here’s a recipe for you!
Bone Broth Rice recipe
- ¾ cup jasmine rice rinsed
- 1 tablespoon butter or ghee (optional)
- 2 cups bone broth of choice (beef, chicken, or lamb)
- Pour the rice into a mesh sieve, then rinse it for at least 1 minute. Transfer the rice, along with the butter, to a large saucepan.
- Pour in the broth, then bring the mixture to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to a simmer, then simmer until the rice has absorbed the broth, about 20 minutes.
- Fluff the rice with a fork. Enjoy!