Yes you read right, here’s a collagen-rich butter recipe: Bone Marrow Butter with garlic, lemon & herbs!
Make this recipe to enhance the nutritional value of the butter you already eat, giving it a dose of collagen. I mean, what better than combined some very healthy saturated fats of the butter with a dose of collagen protein from the bones?
Plus, the added herbs and spices will give an extra tasty flavor to your meals. It is very easy to make and super nutritious. Here’s how to make it:
Bone Marrow Butter Recipe
- 1 unsalted grass-fed butter stick (room temperature)
- 2 big pieces of bone marrow (or 4-5 small ones)
- Olive oil
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Lemon zest
- Chopped parsley
- 1 Garlic head
1. Add a tiny amount of olive oil to the bones, salt and pepper and bake them for 25 minutes at 350F.
2. Add a tiny amount of olive oil to the garlic, cover it with aluminium paper and bake it with the bones.
3. Once cooked, scoop bone marrow from the bones and add it into a bowl. Also, peel the garlic and add them to the bowl.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix them well using a fork. Add more salt and pepper.
5. Transfer mix to a silicone mold and refrigerate until they get solid.
Use this bone marrow butter on top of your toasts, meats, eggs, rice, rice pasta and soups.
Let me know if you tried it!