I love omelets so friking much! And this cheese-meat omelet is turning into one of my family’s favorites. A perfect recipe to use those beef leftovers from the night before. And what I love about eating this dish is that I’m starting the day with 35+ grams of protein. I mean!! What a great way to fuel up the muscles and metabolism. Also, this is an excellent recipe for after-training.
Cheese-Meat Omelet recipe
- 2-3 eggs
- 1 slice of raw cheese (or cheese of preference)
- 2-3 tablespoons of ground beef
- high-quality sea salt
- Tallow or ghee
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, whisking to beat well.
- Add tallow or ghee over a medium-heated skillet, rotating the pan to coat the bottom. Add egg mixture.
- As eggs cook, gently lift the edges with a spatula and tilt the pan, so the uncooked portion flows underneath.
- Cook for 3 minutes or until just set.
- Add the cheese and meat and fold the omelet in half.
- Cook for 1 minute or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.