Make these CHERRY JELLIES for a collagen-rich snack for the whole family!
Did you know that you are consuming a significant amount of collagen in your diet by eating gelatin? Gelatin is made out of bones, providing a cooked form of collagen.
Actually, when comparing collagen with gelatin, both have virtually identical nutritional profiles: 100% protein content. They also share similar compositions of amino acids.
So, start consuming more food made out of gelatin to get all the benefits of collagen protein!
Here’s how to make it:
Cherry Jellies Recipe
- 4 tbsp grass-fed gelatin
- 1 cup cherry juice
- Optional: 2 tbsp coconut sugar, maple syrup or monkfruit.
Important side note! Buy grass-fed natural gelatin. Some commercial gelatin products contain added sugar, artificial colours, and flavours, which can negatively affect the nutritional profile.
- Combine the gelatin with a splash of room-temperature water.
- In another container mix the cherry juice with -optional- the coconut sugar or maple syrup.
- Add the gelatin to the juice and mix well.
- Heat it up in a pan until it’s completely dissolved.
- Add it to silicone molds (or a glass container) and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Side note* you can make this same recipe with any other fruit juice you like! (except pineapple)
Hope you enjoy them!