This spicy hot cocoa recipe is a MUST during winter days! Not only because it will keep you warm, but also because it is suitable for your health during this harsh weather. And let me explain you why. Cayenne pepper has been linked to many health benefits, but talking exclusively about wintertime, this spice can stimulate blood flow (1). By doing this effect, cayenne pepper helps nutrients get into organs like the skin. And whose skin does not suffer during the cold, right?. Plus, the capsaicin in this type of pepper will keep your body warm, helping experience less pain in the joints and bones (2, 3).
On the other side, this recipe contains another stellar ingredient: cocoa, which is packed with mood-elevating benefits (ideal for wintertime) and anti-inflammatory flavonoids (4).
So, now that you know why consuming cocoa and cayenne pepper is good for you during cold days, let us dive into the Spicy Hot Cocoa Ayurvedic Recipe. Shall we? Here’s how to make it:
Bone Broth Spicy Hot Cocoa Recipe
- 1 cup of raw milk + 1 cup bone broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cups powder cocoa
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cardamom, crushed
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, coconut sugar or raw sugar
1. Mix all the spices.
2. Place ingredients (except maple syrup) in a medium saucepan.
3. Whisk together.
4. Bring to a simmer, frequently stirring for 8 minutes.
5. Add maple or sugar to taste.
6. Serve warm.
7. Garnish with a mini pinch of cayenne pepper.
Spicy Hot Cocoa Video
Recipe start at minute 10:34