This mashed potatoes with coconut recipe is so great! Not only because we are adding maca and turmeric which gives it an extra nutritional value to your health, but it also makes the potatoes taste and look great!. The maca powder gives it an earthy flavor kick, and the turmeric turns the dish into a beautiful color.
Mashed Potatoes with coconut, maca and turmeric recipe
- 1 Kilo potatoes (about 5-6)
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- ½ tablespoon sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon maca powder
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- Fresh black pepper
- Clean the potatoes and put them in a heated pan with boiling water.
- Cook for about 20 minutes or until they get soft.
- Add them in a bowl and immediately get them under the cold tap water. With this procedure, you will see that the skin starts falling apart.
- In this same bowl, start mashing the peeled potatoes.
- Heat the coconut milk and mix with the spices.
- Add the milk to the mashed potatoes and mix well.
With love, Pia