I love omelets so friking much! And this cheese-meat omelet is turning into one of my family’s favorites. A perfect recipe to use those beef leftovers from the night before. And what I love about eating this dish is that I’m starting the day with 35+ grams of protein. I mean!! What a great way to fuel up the muscles and metabolism. Also, this is an excellent recipe for after-training.
Meat & CheeseOmeletCourse: main
A delicious way to eat 35 grams of high quality protein for breakfast in just one sit!
1 slice of raw cheese (or cheese of preference)
4 tablespoons of cooked ground beef
High-quality sea salt
1 tsp tallow or ghee
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, whisking to beat well. Set aside
- Add tallow or ghee over a medium-heated skillet, rotating the pan to coat the bottom. Add egg mixture.
- As eggs cook, gently lift the edges with a spatula and tilt the pan, so the uncooked portion flows underneath. Cook for 3 minutes or until just set.
- Add the cheese and meat and fold the omelet in half.
- Cook for 1 minute or until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
- Serve it with fresh fruit for a complete meal.