Since following an Animal-Based Diet, squashes have become a staple in my house, and acorn squash is a great savory fruit to stuff with meat. This stuffed acorn squash recipe is easy to make and will make you feel cozy and fulfilling.
Here’s how to make it.
Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 4 acorn squash, cut in half.
- Coconut oil, melted.
- sea salt.
- 1 pound of ground 80/20 beef.
- grated cheese of choice.
- natural yogurt.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Cut the acorn squash in half, and remove the seeds.
- Brush the acorn squash with the coconut oil.
- Add sea salt on top and bake them in a baking tray for 30 minutes or until soft.
- In the meantime, cook the ground beef in a bit of tallow until it’s well done. Add sea salt. I like to remove the extra fat from the meat, but this is optional.
- Once the acorn squash is ready, stuff them with the meat, and add cheese on top. Return them to the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts completely.
- Optional, add some natural yogurt on top before eating it.